CloudM is an award-winning SaaS company whose humble beginnings in Manchester have grown into a global business in just a few short years.
The CloudM platform is designed to help our customers get the most out of SaaS applications like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, automating time-consuming tasks like IT admin, onboarding & offboarding, archiving and migrations.
Our SaaS data management platform has been used by over 35,000 customers in 107 countries including the likes of LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Booking.com and Spotify.
We have a brilliant team of more than 90 people in locations such as Manchester, Europe and USA. We are still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
Join the Cloud revolution. Join CloudM.
Role Overview :
As an Assistant Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the CloudM Finance function. You’ll work closely with the Finance Manager and the wider finance team, performing a range of tasks that ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented position that offers valuable experience and a solid foundation for an accounting career.
This role will report to the Finance Manager and you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Plan, organise and manage your own workload to ensure that your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Posting journals including prepayments, accruals and deferred income
- Posting of sales and purchase invoices
- Perform overhead analysis monthly
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Review and approval of employee expenses
- Maintain the fixed asset registers
- Assisting with the calculation of sales commissions
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Key Skills and Experience :
- Good spreadsheet skills and high-level numerical skills and ability to interpret data quickly.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- All round team player
- Sage Line 50 experience (desirable but not required)
- Salesforce experience (desirable but not required)
- AAT Qualified
- Ability to identify actions designed to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
CloudM Culture :
We are a company consisting of old hands and new faces, all with a passion for technology’s power to simplify. We are developers, designers, marketers and innovators.
We are constantly trying new things, and sometimes getting it wrong. Which is good, as innovation never came from perfection. We work quickly to keep pace with the industry we’re in. We’re proactive, not reactive, and have been that way since day one. We want to have the answers when our customers ask us questions.
CloudM is a remote-first organisation. This means we are not limited to one geographical location. We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce, seeing individual differences as opportunities for innovation and growth. Our company is about culture-add, not culture-fit.
Our DE&I (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) strategy is ingrained in everything we do here at CloudM. From recruitment and employee engagement to our EVP (Employee Value Proposition). We use gender bias decoders to check our job listings are inclusive and post on LGBTQ+ and neurodiverse job boards for our recruitment. Our EVP includes flexible working hours (we believe flexible working should be the norm, not the exception), generous family leave pay (commonly known as maternity/paternity/adoption leave), EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and mental health first aiders. All of this helps with our team’s work-life balance, removing barriers to childcare or caring for relatives and pets. Our team can do the school run or even go to the gym in the middle of the day. We are trying to build a culture of flexibility and inclusivity for the long term.
What CloudM can offer you :
- Private health care
- Private dental care
- Company contributed pension (matched up to 5%)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Flexible working
- 10 paid sick days
- Optical care
- Death in service, 4 x your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech scheme (Salary sacrifice, CloudM can loan you up to £1,000.00 for tech equipment)
- Paid certifications and qualifications
- Birthdays off
- Financial wellbeing advisor
- Opportunity to develop within a fast-growing tech business with an ambitious year-on-year growth trajectory
- Market-leading parental leave policies
- Various wellbeing initiatives
- Exclusive access to discounts & rewards programmes, including Gym membership
- High-spec equipment (laptops, phones, etc.)
Remote-based role. However, within commutable distance to Manchester would be desirable for the odd team-building activity / meeting.
Environmental & Social Responsibility:
Our business strives to progress our industry as a whole and are using the B Corporation framework to continuously build on how we can treat our employees, community and environment with respect.
We expect that all of our employees play their part in our social progression plans, whether that’s leading the environmental board, playing a part in the DEI community, participating in a charity support day or simply just following our advice on buying locally and considering the environment when booking a hotel or restaurant. Every bit counts.
Apply Now :
If you are interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today!
Visit our Glassdoor page to see what it's like to work at CloudM!
Please send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org