CloudM is an award-winning SaaS company whose humble beginnings in Manchester have grown into a global business in just a few short years.
The CloudM platform is designed to help our customers get the most out of SaaS applications like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, automating time-consuming tasks like IT admin, onboarding & offboarding, archiving and migrations.
Our SaaS data management platform has been used by over 35,000 customers in 107 countries including the likes of LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Booking.com and Spotify.
We have a brilliant team of more than 90 people in locations such as Manchester, Europe and USA. We are still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
Join the Cloud revolution. Join CloudM.
Role Overview :
The Head of People role is important to CloudMs’ future growth, ensuring the culture is vibrant and reflective of our values and lastly importantly aligned to the wider commercial success of the company.
Our people are key to the success of our business and are at the heart of our culture. The task is to continue to develop, grow, retain and reward our talent, and ultimately to make CloudM the best place to work.
This role will be pivotal in driving the success of our company through strategic people management. Your leadership will shape the CloudM culture, and your success will be marked as you foster employee engagement, drive operational excellence and build high-performing, diverse and sustainable teams. You will be part of the CloudM leadership team helping to support and build the wider business and people strategy.
- Advise and deliver on organisational change and ER cases across multiple locations, globally, whilst taking change management best practices into consideration
- Have a passion for data and be able to spot trends, challenge the status quo and feel at ease delivering plans to the MD
- Compilation and analysis of all HR metrics including staff churn, retention and leavers and provide recommendations to the company
- Collaborate with the MD to develop, shape and deliver the People strategy in line with business needs
- Support the day-day operational needs
- Lead on implementation of all areas of the employee lifecycle
- Lead transformational culture change to ensure the business has effective structures in place to drive performance and support future ways of working
- Manage, hire, coach and develop the People team
- Lead performance management and development planning activities
- Provide data insights to support business change and facilitate decision making
- Develop strategic HR plans, policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with legislative compliance, ensuring the company has up-to-date practices
- Liaise with external legal counsel on any complex people-related issues where appropriate
- Ensure effective budget and resource allocation within the People team
- Review, adjust, implement and manage all aspects of remuneration and benefits
- Execute a plan for diversity, equity and inclusion that aligns with the company values, business strategy and commitments
- Provide support with any ad hoc projects
Key Skills and Experience :
- You have a high level of EQ, balancing business growth and priorities with employee engagement and wellbeing
- Analytical and problem-solving in nature with the confidence to question historical processes
- A strong listener that can turn feedback into action and positive change
- Excellent leadership communication and people skills
- Demonstrable up-to-date working knowledge of current employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures and the impact on best recruitment and induction practices
- A desire for continued growth as well as working as part of a team
- A genuine and caring person that understands the value and importance of creating and maintaining a strong culture
- Adaptable and able to understand the varying requirements of the overall company
- Experience with a rapidly growing company
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Experienced in managing a team, influencing at all levels and presenting at board-level
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
CloudM Culture :
We are a company consisting of old hands and new faces, all with a passion for technology’s power to simplify. We are developers, designers, marketers and innovators.
We are constantly trying new things, and sometimes getting it wrong. Which is good, as innovation never came from perfection. We work quickly to keep pace with the industry we’re in. We’re proactive, not reactive, and have been that way since day one. We want to have the answers when our customers ask us questions.
CloudM is a remote-first organisation. This means we are not limited to one geographical location. We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce, seeing individual differences as opportunities for innovation and growth. Our company is about culture-add, not culture-fit.
Our DE&I (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) strategy is ingrained in everything we do here at CloudM. From recruitment and employee engagement to our EVP (Employee Value Proposition). We use gender bias decoders to check our job listings are inclusive and post on LGBTQ+ and neurodiverse job boards for our recruitment. Our EVP includes flexible working hours (we believe flexible working should be the norm, not the exception), generous family leave pay (commonly known as maternity/paternity/adoption leave), EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and mental health first aiders. All of this helps with our team’s work-life balance, removing barriers to childcare or caring for relatives and pets. Our team can do the school run or even go to the gym in the middle of the day. We are trying to build a culture of flexibility and inclusivity for the long term.
What CloudM can offer you :
- Private health care
- Private dental care
- Company contributed pension (matched up to 5%)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Flexible working
- 10 paid sick days
- Optical care
- Death in service, 4 x your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech scheme (Salary sacrifice, CloudM can loan you up to £1,000.00 for tech equipment)
- Paid certifications and qualifications
- Birthdays off
- Financial wellbeing advisor
- Opportunity to develop within a fast-growing tech business with an ambitious year-on-year growth trajectory
- Market-leading parental leave policies
- Various wellbeing initiatives
- Exclusive access to discounts & rewards programmes, including Gym membership
- High-spec equipment (laptops, phones, etc.)
Remote-based role. However, within commutable distance to Manchester would be desirable for the odd team-building activity / meeting.
Environmental & Social Responsibility:
Our business strives to progress our industry as a whole and are using the B Corporation framework to continuously build on how we can treat our employees, community and environment with respect.
We expect that all of our employees play their part in our social progression plans, whether that’s leading the environmental board, playing a part in the DEI community, participating in a charity support day or simply just following our advice on buying locally and considering the environment when booking a hotel or restaurant. Every bit counts.
Apply Now :
If you are interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today!
Visit our Glassdoor page to see what it's like to work at CloudM!
Please send an email including your CV to email@example.com