Senior DevOps Engineer
CloudM is an award-winning SaaS company whose humble beginnings in Manchester have grown into a global business in just a few short years.
The CloudM platform is designed to help our customers get the most out of SaaS applications like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, automating time-consuming tasks like IT admin, onboarding & offboarding, archiving and migrations.
Our SaaS data management platform has been used by over 35,000 customers in 107 countries including the likes of LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Booking.com and Spotify.
We have a brilliant team of more than 80 people in locations such as Manchester, Europe and USA. We’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
Join the Cloud revolution. Join CloudM.
Based remotely, the Senior DevOps Engineer will join a dynamic Product Development team who specialise in developing cutting edge cloud native applications used by clients across the globe, ranging from organisations with many thousands of staff, through to small businesses supporting a handful of employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and improving the DevOps function within CloudM. You will take ownership of all aspects of our product deployments e.g. builds, deployment, monitoring, alerting, security, costs, reporting, disaster recovery etc.
You’ll get the flexibility to balance your work life with your personal interests and commitments. You won’t be restricted to an annual holiday quota, you’ll be trusted to manage your holidays responsibly.
Your focus will be on the delivery of your work, rather than when or where you do it.
You’ll be remote based, but will be welcome to visit the offices as often as you like.
You’ll be supported through a variety of technical certifications. If you are already certified in GCP, Azure, or Kubernetes then you are off to a great start!
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Product, Development, QA and Support teams to translate requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution
- Design, plan and build highly available, global and Cloud native solutions for the CloudM products
- Advise developers on modern software and architecture techniques such as 12 factor, microservices and serverless
- Develop internal tooling for the wider Product Development team
- Mentoring junior members of the team and helping to drive their development
- On-call duties with a generous rate paid above salary
- Extensive hands-on experience with GCP
- Ability to write tooling in at least one programming language
- An understanding of Terraform and deployment methodologies associated with the tool
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture principles and highly available systems
- Understanding of application development, delivery and infrastructure automation
- Experience developing and deploying cloud monitoring and alerting systems
- Proven ability to secure cloud-based software applications in GCP
- Commercial Kubernetes operational experience
Experience with building Disaster Recovery processes in GCP
- Understanding of monitoring and reporting on scaling/costs of cloud-based applications
Key Technology/Tooling Experience:
- Knowledge of some of the following:
- Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Configuration management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, Alpine)
- Continuous integration and deployment tool sets (e.g. Jenkins, AppVeyor)
- Common DevOps technology stacks (e.g. ELK, NGINX, Apache, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul)
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Database technologies including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Firestore
- Serverless and microservice architectures
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or PowerShell
- Extensive hands-on experience with Azure
- GCP/Azure professional certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.