Senior QA Analyst
Development · Manchester Fully Remote
Senior QA Analyst
CTS Group is the one the fastest growing cloud technology companies in Europe, providing digital transformation services (Cloud Technology Solutions) and a market-leading software platform (CloudM). Your role will focus on the CloudM part of CTS Group.
CloudM provides one platform to get the most of Google Workspace, Microsoft 365 and other SaaS. Our platform has been used by over 40,000 organizations in 83 countries including the likes of LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Booking.com and Spotify.
We have a brilliant team of more than 80 people with offices in Manchester, Australia and USA, as well as across our globally remote workforce. We’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We have a vacancy for a Senior QA Analyst to help us improve and grow our range of products. We develop several major products including the CloudM Migrate and CloudM Manage products. CloudM Migrate is the leading multi-platform cloud migration tool which has performed over 58 million migrations from a wide variety of platforms to Google Workspace and M365. CloudM Manage is a user directory, support, provisioning and management tool for Google Workspace.
The Senior QA Analyst will help bolster our CloudM QA team and will be responsible for test and verification of our products. An eye for detail and a passion for breaking things is what we look for in our QA Analysts. In this position, you will have a background primarily in manual with exposure to automated testing and be familiar with the software development lifecycle.
Working with our product and development teams, you will be responsible for testing our software products, creating setting up and maintaining automation scripts and management of defects found using an Agile development methodology.
You need to be technically curious, especially around the systems you are working on.
What you’ll do:
- Understand functionality provided by our products and systems and how end users use them to achieve their business goals by configuring test environments.
- Run manual and automated tests to validate the system using pre-existing test scripts.
- Record any anomalies in our defect tracking system (Jira) and ensure they are communicated to developers and a remediation plan is agreed.
- Ensure that the changes required to implement new functionality are understood and testable by writing user stories and acceptance criteria and validating with product owners.
- Create new test cases, scripts and data to validate that newly developed software is behaving correctly.
- Working with support and sales teams to demonstrate and get feedback on new features.
- Hands-on exposure to software development and testing gained from work experience, working with a team handling new software developed in house or by a third party.
- IT systems engineering knowledge at an intermediate level - the ability to install and configure software.
- Exposure to automated testing with a desire to extend further (Python, Java, C#)
- Experience of working with JIRA and in front-end and API testing
- Experience with automated testing tools, commercial or open source, such as Selenium, Ranorex.
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Familiarity with cloud-based office/productivity software such as Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Teams or Google Workspace.
- Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate with technical staff verbally and in writing. Able to define expectations and explain why something isn’t meeting them. Able to gain commitment from developers to rectify defects.
- Willing to work collaboratively across multiple departments
- Excellent systems analytical skills - able to determine various combinations of inputs and assess what output should be expected. An inquiring, exploring “what if” attitude to evaluating software quality.
- Excellent precision and attention to detail. Able to spot graphical, spelling and grammatical errors in addition to software defects.
- Exposure to cloud-based software development and deployment, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon, etc.
- Experience with testing or supporting a Software as a Service (SaaS) product.
- Exposure to databases and able to load and query data using SQL.
- Knowledge of how work is managed in an Agile software development team using tools such as Jira, and with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Test and defect management systems experience.
- Degree-level education - BSc/MSc level (or equivalent), ideally in Computer Science or a related engineering or numerate subject with at least 5 years experience in a software testing position..
- A passion for learning new technologies and skills.
The role can be based from anywhere in the UK or you can work from our offices in either Manchester, Edinburgh, London or the Netherlands.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.