Senior Java Developer
Development · Manchester Fully Remote
Senior Java Developer
CTS Group is the one the fastest growing cloud technology companies in Europe, providing digital transformation services (Cloud Technology Solutions) and a market-leading software platform (CloudM). Your role will focus on the CloudM part of CTS Group.
CloudM provides one platform to get the most of Google Workspace, Microsoft 365 and other SaaS. Our platform has been used by over 40,000 organizations in 83 countries including the likes of LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Booking.com and Spotify.
We have a brilliant team of more than 80 people with offices in Manchester, Australia and USA, as well as across our globally remote workforce. We’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We have a vacancy for a Senior Software Software Developer to join a team focused on improving and growing our range of products and to work on consultancy projects with high-profile customer organisations.
We develop several major products including CloudM Migrate and CloudM Manage.
CloudM Migrate is the leading multi-platform cloud migration tool which has moved over 18 million users from a wide variety of platforms to Google Workspace and Microsoft 365. CloudM Manage is a user directory, support, provisioning and management/admin tool for Microsoft 365.
You will help bolster our CloudM Manage team and help improve and grow the product. It’s a Google App Engine application written in Java, so we need someone with a significant amount of experience with Java servlet based application. To fit this position you should be a quick learner with an ability to adapt to many different technology areas, from Google Workspace APIs, to identifying and investigating task problems within App Engine, to strategies for scaling applications reliably.
What you’ll do:
- Writing, and finishing, great code with excellent attention to detail
- A focus on getting the job done right, first time
- Contribute to the development of high-quality products on time and within budget
- Working collaboratively with a team of highly skilled developers
- You’ll get involved in our drive towards social progress where possible. Whether that’s getting involved in one of our community projects or simply buying local when travelling with the company.
- Around 5 or more years commercial experience in software development with Java, with ability to adapt to other languages
- Experience with developing secure, scalable applications
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
- Ability to write secure and testable code
- Experience with the Google App Engine stack or significant experience with other servlet based applications such as Tomcat
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Google App Engine, Microsoft 365, Amazon, etc.
- Knowledge of a range of Google products including Google Workspace and its APIs, Google App Engine and the range of Google Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Knowledge of a range of Microsoft Products and APIs including Microsoft Graph, Exchange Web Services (EWS), MAPI, Microsoft 365, Sharepoint and Azure APIs
- BSc/MSc Computer Science (or equivalent)
The role can be based anywhere in the UK/remote-based or you can work from any of our offices in Manchester, Edinburgh or Utrecht, Netherlands.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.