Senior Java Developer
Development · Remote Based (UK) Fully Remote
Senior Java Developer
Cloud Technology Solutions (CTS) is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts.
Your role will focus on our market-leading software brand, CloudM, which provides software solutions that enable businesses to unlock the potential of G Suite and Office 365.
Our CloudM Manage and CloudM Migrate products have migrated more than nine million users and 34,000 domains to the cloud and are used by over 3,000 organisations in 83 countries across the globe.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh and Utrecht, as well as across our globally remote workforce. We’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team
We have a vacancy for a Senior Software Software Developer to join a team focused on improving and growing our range of products and to work on consultancy projects with high-profile customer organisations.
We develop several major products including CloudM Migrate and CloudM Manage.
CloudM Migrate is the leading multi-platform cloud migration tool which has moved over 18 million users from a wide variety of platforms to Google Workspace and Microsoft 365. CloudM Manage is a user directory, support, provisioning and management/admin tool for Microsoft 365.
You will help bolster our CloudM Manage team and help improve and grow the product. It’s a Google App Engine application written in Java, so we need someone with a significant amount of experience with Java servlet based application. To fit this position you should be a quick learner with an ability to adapt to many different technology areas, from Google Workspace APIs, to identifying and investigating task problems within App Engine, to strategies for scaling applications reliably.
- Writing, and finishing, great code with excellent attention to detail
- A focus on getting the job done right, first time
- Contribute to the development of high-quality products on time and within budget
- Working collaboratively with a team of highly skilled developers
- Around 5 or more years commercial experience in software development with Java, with ability to adapt to other languages
- Experience with developing secure, scalable applications
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
- Ability to write secure and testable code
- Experience with the Google App Engine stack or significant experience with other servlet based applications such as Tomcat
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Google App Engine, Microsoft 365, Amazon, etc.
- Knowledge of a range of Google products including Google Workspace and its APIs, Google App Engine and the range of Google Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Knowledge of a range of Microsoft Products and APIs including Microsoft Graph, Exchange Web Services (EWS), MAPI, Office 365, Sharepoint and Azure APIs
- BSc/MSc Computer Science (or equivalent)
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.